Restore Your Smile with Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are remarkable solutions that bridge the gap between missing teeth, restoring both functionality and aesthetics to smiles worldwide.. With their ability to recreate a complete bite and enhance the natural beauty of one’s smile, dental bridges have become a beacon of hope for those seeking a seamless and lasting solution.
At Perrott Dentistry, our Boardman, OH dentist, Dr. Robert Perrott is proud to offer an effective tooth restoration option to Ohio patients in Austintown, Boardman, Canfield, Poland, and the surrounding areas.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a restorative dental treatment designed to replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of a false tooth or teeth (pontics) that are anchored in place by dental crowns attached to the natural teeth on either side of the gap. Dental bridges are a popular solution for restoring both the appearance and function of a smile affected by tooth loss.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Improved Smile: Dental bridges can enhance your smile by filling in the gaps caused by missing teeth, resulting in a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Restored Chewing and Speaking Abilities: Missing teeth can make it difficult to chew food properly and articulate certain sounds. Dental bridges restore these functions, allowing you to enjoy a varied diet and communicate clearly.
- Preserved Facial Structure: When teeth are missing, the jawbone can deteriorate over time, leading to a sunken facial appearance. By filling the gaps with dental bridges, the natural contours of your face can be maintained.
- Prevention of Teeth Shifting: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth may start to shift into the empty space, causing misalignment. Dental bridges prevent this movement by occupying the space and keeping the remaining teeth in their proper positions.
Candidacy for Dental Bridges
Ideal candidates for dental bridges are individuals who have one or more missing teeth and have sufficient healthy teeth adjacent to the gap to support the bridge. Good oral health, including healthy gums and a strong jawbone, is essential. During a consultation with your Boardman dentist, he will evaluate your specific situation and determine if dental bridges are the right solution for you.
Dental Bridge Procedure
- Initial Consultation: The first step is to schedule an appointment with the dentist at Perrott Dentistry. During this visit, your oral health will be assessed, and the feasibility of dental bridges will be discussed. X-rays or scans may be taken to evaluate the condition of your teeth and jawbone.
- Tooth Preparation: If dental bridges are deemed suitable for you, the adjacent teeth on either side of the gap will be prepared for the placement of dental crowns. This involves removing a small portion of enamel to make room for the crowns.
- Impressions: Accurate impressions of your teeth will be taken, which will serve as a model for the creation of your custom dental bridge. The bridge will be fabricated in a dental laboratory, matching the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth.
- Temporary Bridge: While your permanent bridge is being crafted, a temporary bridge will be placed to protect the prepared teeth and restore your smile’s appearance and functionality.
- Fitting and Bonding: Once the dental bridge is ready, you will return to Perrott Dentistry for the final appointment. The temporary bridge will be removed, and the permanent bridge will be checked for fit and appearance. Once satisfied, the bridge will be bonded into place using dental cement.
- Follow-up Care: After the procedure, you may need a short adjustment period to get accustomed to the bridge. Follow your dentist’s instructions for oral hygiene and care to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your dental bridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental bridges last?
With proper care and maintenance, dental bridges can last for a significant period of time. On average, dental bridges can last between 5 to 15 years or even longer. However, the lifespan of a dental bridge depends on various factors such as oral hygiene practices, regular dental check-ups, the quality of materials used, and individual oral health conditions.
Can I eat normally with a dental bridge?
Yes, dental bridges allow you to enjoy a wide range of foods and eat normally. Once the dental bridge is securely in place, you can chew most foods with ease. However, it is advisable to exercise caution when consuming excessively hard or sticky foods as they can potentially damage the bridge or dislodge it.
Will getting a dental bridge be painful?
The process of getting a dental bridge is typically not painful as local anesthesia is administered to ensure your comfort during the procedure. However, it’s common to experience some mild discomfort or sensitivity in the treated area for a few days following the placement of the dental bridge.
Transform Your Smile with Dental Bridges at Perrott Dentistry
At Perrott Dentistry, we believe in the power of a healthy, confident smile. Dental bridges offer a reliable solution for replacing missing teeth, restoring both the function and aesthetics of your smile. Our Boardman, OH dentist is dedicated to providing personalized care and exceptional results. Schedule a consultation today at (330) 726-0090 or fill out our online form.